Be Prepared When Disaster Strikes
What to do if you suspect a gas leak:
- If you detect an odor similar to that of rotten eggs, it could be a natural gas leak.
- Leave the home or building immediately, and move to an area that is a safe distance away from a possible explosion.
- Call 911.
- Call your local gas company.
- Trust your instincts. Do not ignore a gas leak.
- Do not try to locate a gas leak on your own.
- Do not light a match if you suspect a gas leak.
- Do not use electric equipment if you suspect a gas leak.
- Check gas stove to make sure burners are turned to the off position.
- Open all doors and windows.